Senior Staff Accountant for Wingspan Care Group
- Job Category: Finance
- Job Type: Full-Time
This position has responsibility for all cost accounting activities of the organization and analysis of financial information. Reports to the Controller
- Plans, studies, and makes recommendations to improve the accuracy of the cost accounting processes, thus allowing management to understand the costs and operating margins regarding the various services provided to clients.
- Understand the clinical cost drivers of the organization and integrate this data with the cost and financial budgeting process.
- Coordinates the preparation of all cost reports to governmental and external agencies.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts and to document business transactions.
- Analyzes financial information regarding the financial position and activities, and prepares supporting schedules for the financial statements.
- Assists in the preparation of various account reconciliations.
- Assists in all tax reporting for Federal, State and Local tax compliance reporting, including the Form 990 tax returns.
- Provide input into the update of the accounting policy manual and write new accounting policies when needed.
- Respects the privacy of clients and holds in confidence all information obtained during the client’s treatment. All client-related documents should be handled in accordance with Agency guidelines on confidential material.
- Maintains high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reporting as necessary and assistance in other areas of the department.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or other Business School Degree and 5-7 years related experience preferred. CPA or CMA credentials a plus
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Dynamics GP and other Microsoft software (Excel and Access) as required to perform essential job functions
- Knowledge and experience in cost accounting and reporting a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Non-Profit tax and financial reporting a plus
- Strong, advanced financial analysis and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under aggressive deadlines with effective time management skills to permit handling of peak workloadsAbility to multi-task and work under aggressive deadlines with effective time management skills to permit handling of peak workloadsAbility to multi-task and work under aggressive deadlines with effective time management skills to permit handling of peak workloadsAbility to multi-task and work under aggressive deadlines with effective time management skills to permit handling of peak workloadsSelf-starter with the ability to perform job responsibilities by prioritizing multiple tasks to accomplish work by deadlines
- Demonstrate professional judgment with practical and creative problem solving skills
- Sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and demonstration of the ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
Submit resume and salary requirements to HR@wingspancg.org.