Senior Staff Accountant for Wingspan Care Group
- Job Category: Finance
- Job Type: Full-Time
This position applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts and to document business transactions.
- Performs period-end closing activities for the general ledger and generates the financial statements for the agency.
- Performs various account reconciliations for all assets and liabilities.
- Assists in all tax reporting for Federal, State and Local tax compliance reporting, including the Form 990 tax returns.
- Assists in the processing of payroll, the reconciliation of all payroll deductions for various benefits and payroll taxes, and the related tax filings.
- Assists in the preparation of cost reports, budgets and/or financial forecasts.
- Assists in the tracking of all expenditures and reporting, internally and externally, related to grants.
- Updates the Accounting Policy Manual and coordinates implementation of internal control procedures. Update individual current policies and write new accounting policies when needed.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the Agency’s systems through the timely completion of assigned documentation in accordance with applicable legal, fiscal, licensing and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Respects the privacy of clients and holds in confidence all information obtained during the client’s treatment. All client-related documents should be handled in accordance with Agency guidelines on confidential material.
- Maintains high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting as necessary and assistance in other areas of the department.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or other Business School Degree and preferably 5 years related experience preferred. CPA or CMA credentials a plus.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Dynamics GP and other Microsoft software (predominantly Excel and Access) as required to perform essential job functions
- Knowledge and experience in cost accounting and reporting a plus
- Strong, advanced financial analysis and organizational skills
Submit resume and salary requirements to HR@wingspancg.org.