Benefits Specialist for Wingspan Care Group
- Job Category: Administrative Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Benefits Specialist is responsible for the administration of the Agency’s employee benefits plans including assuring compliance with a variety of legal and accreditation requirements.
- Administrates the Agency’s health, dental and life insurance and EAP plans including selecting insurance agent, negotiating rates with vendors, making recommendations to management regarding benefits plan design changes, and overseeing Section 125 plan compliance.
- Insures Agency compliance with COBRA requirements and administrates COBRA program.
- Administrates defined benefit retirement plan and 403(b) tax sheltered annuity plans.
- Administrates all aspects of worker’s comp program including acting as liaison with MCO.
- Through the use of a third party administrator, oversee unemployment insurance program.
- Prepares 5500 and other necessary benefits reports.
- Insures Agency compliance with ERISA and other applicable laws governing benefits.
- Conducts employee education/orientation regarding benefits plans and open enrollments as necessary.
- Together with HR Generalist, is responsible for maintaining OSHA injury records and necessary reports.
- Maintains employee benefit files in compliance with applicable laws, licensing regulations and accreditation standards.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, supervision, and on-going training.
- All required trainings, certifications and licensure must be kept current in accordance with applicable licensing and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the clinical record through the timely completion of assigned documentation in accordance with applicable licensing and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Respect the privacy of clients and hold in confidence all information obtained during the client’s treatment. All client-related documents should be handled in accordance with Agency guidelines on confidential material.
- Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adhere to Agency policies and procedures.
A Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant work experience is required. Sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups of people possessing various strengths, aptitudes and abilities. Must possess the ability to perform job duties with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills are required. Proficiency in using Agency computer systems and software and practical and creative problem solving skills is necessary.
If interested please submit resume and salary requirements to HR@wingspancg.org